Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Hello



So I got inspired to start a blog. Yes! A blog! I never thought I would be interested in doing such a thing but things changed. Since my move to Oregon my life has made a 180 degree turn. In the past I have always worked full-time and/or gone to school full-time. For the first time since I was a teenager I am unemployed, able to focus on one thing at a time and beginning to feel truly centered. Now, my life consists of school and being a housewife. Something I never imagined. A housewife...me?! This is due to the Grace of God and the blessing of my husband, who has been encouraging this! I've never been happier.

My husband and I moved to Oregon from the Sonoran Desert to pursue our educational goals and for a better quality of life. In the desert we were making what we thought was a good living, paying off debt (school loans,credit cards, cars), going out to eat, always behind on sleep, a bit heavier and always had more laundry than we could keep up with. Now our income has been cut in half, yes HALF, we eat home cooked meals (hitting up the occasional Happy Hour at our new watering hole), do some gardening (ok that is an understatement), walk our dog almost everyday, dropped a few pounds, sleep better, talk more, flirt more and generally laugh more. The only thing that hasn't changed as much...we still have the perpetual laundry pile. BUT! It doesn't bother us like it used to.

All of this has lead to me discovering more about myself and the world I live in. I've realized how much I love sharing my life with others and how much others inspire me and give back without even knowing it. No one knows how much time God is going to give us. More and more recently I have become aware of how quickly life can change and how much of a difference one person can make. I have decided that by being more open, by sharing more, I can become evermore interconnected with my friends, family and our earth. So! Let's see where it takes us!

5 comments:

  1. I have also started my own blog and it is a way to wake up again and to join the 21st century in media technology. But the best part of computers is that after you have worked through all the technical aspects, you get to sit back and look at what you have created. A little piece of life to share with the those you love. As a friend once told me, "When you reach out, you shall receive". From my journeys of solder life to listening to Gods words helping me through to life again, I have also returned to that which matters most. And that is listening to the Earth, our Families, and those we LOVE. It has been so great to be the first follower on your blog and to also be reconnecting after all these years. Our memories carry us to wholeness and our truth can set us free. In all the pages of my life and the unraveling after my time in Iraq, I thank you Carrie for your joy of life, and your willingness to always see another side to things. For the years I have always remembered in school, YOU ARE TRULY a bright light in my life and a solid ground of GODS graces each day he unfolds beauty for us. I look forward to hearing your adventures and the stories you will explore as you transform in the passions of your life, your married life, and the healing we all learn from embracing nature. Always-Alice-Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carrie- I love this. I've meant to blog for years, but never manage do to it. It's a brave thing to put those words out there for people to read. Especially if they are words from your heart, which I know is what you have set out to do.
    I am so very happy to see you coming into your own. Your move to Portland has literally made you start to bloom. You aren't always stressed out by traffic and work, but instead you're excited about life. It's a good change, and I think that even when you take on more in life, this time will continue to give you hope and peace.
    I can't wait to read your blog posts. It's fun to get to see you and Billie grow your garden and your lives together. I especially love to see that you love your kitchen time. Food nourishes more than just your body. Food is more than fuel when it's made with love and genuine interest, it nourishes your soul as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the encouragement ladies! It is intimidating to share your thoughts and life so openly. After I realized how inspired and excited I have become from others who were brave enough to share their creative side, it made me want to share and be brave as well. I love to share whatever I can with those around me. I want to give back in some way. Hopefully I too can inspire someone, somewhere out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carrie, you are truly amazing! I look forward to reading many more stories as you blog your adventures. Keep going with this. You are such an inspiration to me. I want to try your recipes so keep linking your recipes. Who knows maybe one day you can write your own book on the things you like to cook:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You for the encouragement Kim! It means a lot to me to know I helped inspire you! That is the whole point of my blog, to inspire and encourage people. For some reason, when I see others doing things I want to do, it makes it easier for me to do it as well.Ill post more links to other recipes for us all to enjoy. Let me know what you like to make too!

    ReplyDelete