Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Zuppa Di Cippola


This is the dish that started it all for me, Lidia's Italian Onion Soup. My husband did not like it as much as I did, but it was the first dinner I made in Oregon from scratch. I watched Lidia make this on her cooking show, Lidia's Italy. I am in love with how simple her recipes are and how good they taste. The other part of this dish I liked was that it was a tomato based onion soup, instead of a beef broth base onion soup. I don't eat red meat and I also avoid beef broth, so this was the perfect alternative! If you decide to make it, let me know if you enjoyed it as much as I did!
Here is a link to the recipe: http://www.lidiasitaly.com/recipes/detail/635

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Lydia. She's the BEST. She's a great mentor and unlike most "Italian" cooks, she's not as heavily influenced by the Americanization of Italian food as most are. You can't go wrong using her recipes. Beautiful food that is healthy and real.

    ReplyDelete